Battery Spencer

CompanySelf
PhotographerTed Andreasian
PrizeHonorable Mention
Entry Description

Completed in 1897, Battery Spencer was a strategically important site guarding San Francisco's Golden Gate. Its last two guns were removed in 1943. The series is meant to convey the impression of war and vulnerability in a bygone era, and uses long exposures to intensify the passage of time.

About Photographer

www.tedandnune.com